To help you navigate around the application, let's orient you to the common user interface elements.
The Design application consists of the Territory Designer, Team Designer, Product Designer, Roles Designer and Industry Taxonomy. To navigate between these modules, click the Design Tab in the uppermost panel.
The layout of the Design Module is similar across all Designers. The below screen is of fullcast.io's Territory Designer, noting each section of the user interface.
The general design consists of the:
- Current Module detail - This section displays the current designer you are in. In this example, we are in the Customer Segmentation/Territory Design module.
- Go-to-Market Hierarchy - This section displays the main hierarchical organization within each designer. Depending on the designer you are in, this section organizes the relevant go-to-market dimension.
- Selected Node & View Type (in parentheses) - This section shows which node you're viewing, and whether you are seeing the current or future state of your planning. There are three different views in the system, detailed below:
What you see
The current state of your GTM. This is reflective of the currently "committed" design, before proposing changes. The metrics and data displayed on the screen reflects the current state.
The proposed state of the design, incorporating all suggested changes. The metrics and data displayed on the screen reflects this state.
The proposed changes, i.e. the difference between the current state and the proposed state. The metrics and data represent only the difference between these two states.
- Team Quick View - This component shows a quick summary of the individuals who are assigned to a node.
- Summary Metrics Panel - A panel that shows a set of configured metrics that have been "pinned" on the screen, which summarizes data in the current node. This data refreshes as the user changes nodes. Each user is able to customize this panel with whatever metrics are suitable for them.
- Details Grid - A spreadsheet view detailing the entities within the designer. The data is organized in a familiar spreadsheet format with all of the capabilities of being able to search & find, pivot & group, export out, etc. See the section on Details Grid for more information on the functionality in the grid itself.
The following navigational items on the menu helps you maneuver around the different functionality within the designers.
- Hierarchy Operations - This menu allows you to create, edit and delete hierarchy elements and adjust the views. See the section on Hierarchy Operations for more details.
- Charting - This icon gives you access to the charting and reporting capabilities. Please see the section on charts for more details.
- Collaboration - This icon gives you access to the collaboration environment. Please see the section on Collaboration for more details.
- Help - This icon directs you to this support documentation website for help and assistance. You can also file a support request from the home page.
- Main Menu - This is the main navigational menu that is used to navigate between modules (Design, Rhythm, and Motion). If you can't see a particular module in the menu, this means you have not been provisioned for that module.
- Design Tabs - These tabs give you access to the various aspects of designing the specific go-to-market segment/team/product/channel. There are three core design functionalities that can be accessed through these tabs:
- Details Grid - The first tab gives you access to the details of the items associated with the specific go-to-market node in the selected designer. Depending on which designer you are in, you will see the appropriate tab with details of the selected node you are looking at (e.g. In the Territory Designer, the first tab will display Segments).
- Targets - The second tab gives you access to the target setting or goal setting process. See the Targets section for more details.
- Assignments - The third tab gives you access to the coverage planning or assignments capability. See the section on Assigning Coverage for more details.
- Balancer - The last tab is available in the Territory Designer to quickly balance territories across metrics of your choice.
You can collapse the left hand Go-To-Market Hierarchy section to give you more visibility on the screen. This will allow you to plot charts on the entire width of the screen and see more columns on the grid.
Updated 8 months ago