Creating territories based on GTM Hierarchy segmentation
Hierarchies are the main way to organize the various aspects of your go-to-market design. A hierarchy organizes accounts and teams into groups, where users can manage assignments, targets, and security access within the fullcast.io application.
In the Design Module, the collapsible menu on the left-hand side displays the Go-To-Market Hierarchy. Each individual node represents a territory.
Fullcast offers five different methodologies to categorize the customer segments into territories or hierarchies.
- Unique: The unique values rule allows for all distinctly unique values in selected field to create child nodes. This creates a new node for each distinct value in your chosen field. A rules-based hierarchy cannot be created at the All Companies level. It must be at a parent node with no children assigned yet.
- Bucket: The rules engine also allows you to name and create specific buckets to create the child territories. Buckets allow you to specify the criteria for the records going into each bucket.
- SmartPlan: SmartPlan is another way to create territories in a more automated manner. Dense postal code areas can now easily be segmented using SmartPlan. Select the number of territories that needs to be built and balance them according to your comfort by any of the six criteria available in smartplan , all in a matter of minutes!
- Map: Geo-based hierarchy is another feature of fullcast where the customers can be segmented based on the geographical location. Territories can be formed easily using lasso tool in this feature.
- Industry: Segmentation happens here based on the industry vertical. All the customers who come under one industry vertical type will be categorized as one hierarchy.
(Clicking on each link provided will give a detailed description on how to build territories using each methodology)