In the Design module, you can create territories based on a number of factors. SmartPlan is another way to create territories in a more automated manner. Select the number of territories you'd like to build and balance them by the criteria of your choosing, all in a matter of minutes!
- Select a parent node in the hierarchy. (Note: you can't create a rules-based hierarchy at the All
Companies level. It must be at a parent node with no children assigned yet.)
- Click on the Hierarchy Operations Menu[...].
- Select Add Hierarchy.
- Under Type, select SmartPlan.
- Next, type in the number of territories you'd like to build according to the balancing criteria you'd configure.
- By selecting Add Criteria in the box below, add in custom criteria based on the following rules:
- Total Count - Balance by number of accounts matching the following criteria: [field] [operator][value]
E.g. Balance by number of accounts matching the following criteria: [Number of Employees] [Less than] 
- Min - Balance your territories by a minimum of [x] accounts matching the following criteria [field] [operator] [value].
E.g. Minimum of  accounts matching the following criteria: [Account Type] [Equals To] [Customer]
- Balancer - Balance your territories by [Aggregation - Sum/Count] of values in [field]
E.g. Balance the territory by [SUM] of values in [Annual Revenue]
- Drag the criteria up or down to create a prioritized list.
- For all accounts that don't match the criteria built in step 6 - Choose what you'd like to do with those accounts by selecting to:
- Put them in the Unassigned Node
- Distribute the remaining accounts equally among the territories
- Click Save.
- Acknowledge the statement in the pop-up window, confirming that a certain number of territories will be created. Click Confirm.
Updated over 1 year ago