Team planning and assigning coverage is dynamic since sales employees leave or join other teams, and sales managers have to allocate and hire new people as a result. In this section, we'll go into how to edit assignments, change roles, terminate employees, and confirm special assignments in the Assignments Tab.
If you need to change the details of an assignment, you can edit them by following these steps:
- Click on the Assignment Menu [...] on the top right corner of the Assignment.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Edit.
- You can now edit details of the assignment and save your changes.
Let's say you'd like to promote an employee or give them another title. To do this in the Assignments Tab, you can change the role assigned to an employee:
- Click on the Assignment Menu [...] for the person you'd like to change roles. Select "Change Role" from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a date to end the assignment of the employee for the old role.
- Select the role of the user, type of assignment, and effective start and end dates for the new role. Click "Next".
- Select the actions you'd like to take for the previous role assignment. Check the boxes as necessary.
Click "Next" when finished.
- If you'd like to move this person to another team, select "Yes" or "No." If you chose "Yes," select the team you'd like to move the employee to.
- Select an option for allocating the targets assigned to the previous role. Click "Next" when finished.
Once the role is changed, you'll see at the Assignments Tab that the old role is shown as an inactive entry. This is used for tracking portfolios and targets for different people and roles in the hierarchy.
If you have to terminate an employee:
- Click on the Assignment Menu [...] for the person you'd like to change roles. Select Terminate Employee from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a date to terminate the assignment.
- Select an option for allocating the targets assigned to the previous person. Click Next when finished.
- Look at the list of assignments for the employee being terminated. Similar to Step 4 of changing roles, select the desired actions for dealing with the assignments. Click Next.
- Acknowledge the warning about RAMP productivity targets associated with this employee. Click Confirm to terminate the employee.
In the section on special assignments, we went over how and when to use the To-Be-Hired, To-Be-Replaced, and To-Be-Transferred assignments. These serve as placeholders for tracking the hiring of new employees, replacements, and transfers.
Eventually, you'll need to fill the assignment with someone real. When that employee is hired or becomes available, management can confirm that person onto the assignment so they can now be accounted for and given work.
To confirm an employee onto a special assignment (let's say it's a new hire):
- Click on the Assignment Menu [...] for the special assignment you'd like to confirm. Select Confirm New Hire from the drop-down menu.
- Select a User from the drop-down menu or search by name. Choose the assignment type, start and end dates for the employee.
- Click Confirm to finish.
For confirming a new hire, the option would appear as "Confirm New Hire" in the Assignment menu. For replacements and transfers, the option would appear as "Confirm Replace" or "Confirm Transfer," respectively.
"Confirm ..." option not showing up?
Unless the assignment type is "New Hire", "Replace", or "Transfer", the "Confirm..." option in the Assignment Menu will not show up.
Updated about a year ago