Customize your industry taxonomy according to how you go to market. To make changes to your Industry taxonomy, keep reading below.
To add industries to your taxonomy:
- Click the Menu[...] on the top left corner. Select Add Node.
- Fill out the criteria for the new Industry node, including a Title, Icon, Description, and Super Sector/Sector/Industry(as available), and the corresponding SIC/NAICS code, if applicable.
- Click Confirm to complete the action.
Super Sector, Sector, Industry, and Codes
Adding nodes to your Industry Taxonomy is hierarchy-based (Super sector>Sector>Industry>Code). Depending on where you decide to create an industry node, certain fields will be uneditable. For example, if you create an industry node under a super sector, you will only be able to fill out the sector field in the "Add Node" menu.
To edit a current node in your Industry Taxonomy:
- Select the node in the taxonomy hierarchy that you'd like to edit.
- Click the Menu[...] button, and select Edit Node.
- Change any aspects of the node as you see fit, and click Confirm to complete the action.
To delete a current node in your Industry Taxonomy:
- Select the node in the taxonomy hierarchy that you'd like to delete.
- Click the Menu[...] button, and select Delete Node.
- Acknowledge the warning by typing DELETE in the text box, and click Confirm to complete the action.
To move records between industries:
- Select the records you'd like to move in your node of choice.
- Once selected, click the Move Records button in the Grid Action Bar.
- Select the hierarchy node where you'd like to move the taxonomy records.
- Click Confirm. You will be redirected to the hierarchy node you chose, and see change indicators next to the records that were moved to track changes(similar to tracking changes in the details grid)
Updated about 2 years ago