As mentioned in Tracking Changes, there are three different ways to view your data in the Design Module.
In Proposed View, you can view changes made in the Designers with change indicators. These are the types of changes made in fullcast.io that can be committed and exported back into the CRM. To track specific changes, you can add tracking columns to the Details Grid. Check out the section on Tracking Changes for more information.
When you are ready to commit changes:
- Select the node where you want to commit the changes.
- Select the "Hierarchy Operations" menu.
- Select "Commit" from the menu.
- Type "COMMIT" into the pop-up window to confirm these changes. Click "Confirm" and notice the yellow dots disappear next to the nodes you committed.
When you press "Commit", all of the changes made in the node selected become a part of the "Current View".
Committing at a Parent Level
When you commit changes on a parent node, all of its children will also be committed. Alternatively, you can commit at a child node level if you're still working on the others.
When using the designers in the Design Module, you have the option of creating hierarchies using a rules-based engine, or by geography in the case of the Territory Designer. Using the rules-based engine often requires you to re-run the rules set on the hierarchy nodes when there's an influx of new data or updated data from your CRM or data management systems. There are two ways to rerun rules in the designers:
In the Hierarchy Operations Menu, you can manually select the "Rerun Rules" option at a particular node to complete the action. This will apply the rules set previously and compile the new data from the unassigned node to the correct buckets or child nodes you have set up. To rerun rules manually:
- Select a designer to rerun rules for. (E.g. Territory Designer, Team Designer, Product Designer)
- Select the hierarchy node at which you would like to rerun rules.
- Click on the Hierarchy Operations Menu and select Rerun Rules.
- Acknowledge the warning and click Confirm.
- Notice that new data from the Unassigned Node will now be allotted to the correct territories or nodes in the hierarchy, according to the rules you have set in place from before.
Rerun option not showing up?
If you haven't created your hierarchy using rules, the "Rerun Rules" option will not show up in the Hierarchy Operations Menu. This will occur if you've created a custom node in the hierarchy.
While onboarding, work with your business partner to set up an automatic rerun schedule for your go-to-market. This can be done alongside the data integration done by our IT team. For example, if you'd like to run the account hierarchy rules every time data is updated into the system, we can set up an automatic rerunning of rules schedule in place.
You can also submit a Support Request to set this up.
Updated over 2 years ago