Group your accounts into segments and territories to develop your sales plan using the Territory Designer. One of five designers in the Design Module, the Territory Designer supports you in strategically segmenting your market.
The Territory Designer groups account data based on a common set of attributes, typically based on the selling strategy (E.g., Firmographic, Status-based, or Needs-Based).
The Territory Designer allows you to make the groupings you need to manage your account data. The following are examples of fullcast.io-supported segmentation models:
- Firmographic-based Segmentation - grouping based on company size, geography, or industry.
- Status-based Segmentation - grouping based on whether a company is a current customer, former customer, or neither.
- Needs-based Segmentation - grouping based on whether a company has expressed a need for a certain service or solution.
We recommend creating territories in fullcast.io from the top down, "carving" your account base into smaller groupings that ultimately become "territories" assigned to sales reps. Looking from the bottom up, territories roll up into larger segments - regions based on geography, verticals based on industry, or business units based on company size.
Common methods in territory building include:
- Using Geography
- Dividing by Unique Factors, such as company size based on number of employees or annual revenue
- Using Industry Classification
Check out the various ways you can build territories in fullcast.io in Managing Territories.
The Territory Designer groups accounts - so it works off of your account data: account size, industry, geography, etc., to build territories. It also pulls in account-level metrics, like revenue, past sales, and open pipeline. You can customize and work with your business partner to configure the data fields and metrics you desire in the onboarding process.
To successfully build out your customer segmentation, we suggest you follow the checklist below:
- Make sure the appropriate fields are available in your data
- Navigate to the Territory Designer, understand how it works.
- Create your Go-to-Market Hierarchy.
- Track changes using What-If Views.
- Design Roles for your sales team.
- Assign coverage using the Assignments Tab.
- Setting Targets on Segments and Territories.
- Review and Visualize your Sales Plan before committing to them.
- Commit changes and implement your sales plan!
Updated over 2 years ago