There are a variety of roles that can be assigned in the system. Here are some types of roles:
- Quota Carrying Roles - for example, a sales rep.
- Overlay Roles that support the sales team - for example, a sales engineer or
business development rep.
- Support Roles - such as your finance business partner, sales operations roles,
human resources support partner, etc.
- Management Roles - such as your regional sales VP.
- Product Management Roles - such as the business unit roles that manage a
- Partner Management Roles - such as partner or business development reps.
- System Roles - system administrators for your company (read more about this here.)
To create a new role in the Roles Designer, follow the steps below:
- In the top right corner of the Roles Designer, click on Add New. This will take you to the Add Role menu.
- Fill out the characteristics of the role: Name, Description, Start Date, and End Date.
- Under Module, choose the designer where the role will be active.
- Under Type, select the type of role you want to create: Commission, Non-Commission, or Support.
- If you chose a commission-based role, choose a Commission Type from the drop-down menu: Split or Overlay. This determines how the commission for this role is allocated.
- Next, fill out any productivity profiles you want available for this role. Select the Type, Start Date, and click the pencil icon in the Action column to edit the month-by-month percent productivity, if you choose a ramp-based productivity profile. Visit Using Productivity Profiles for more assistance on this step. Click Confirm when finished.
- Click Save when you're satisfied with the specs of the role.
The "Tenant Admin" role within the system is reserved for the administrator of the environment for your company. This is done in the User Settings menu, learn more about this in Managing Users. Tenant Admins full read and write access to all the data and functionality irrespective of whether or not they are assigned to a node.
We recommend one or two persons assigned in this role within the system.
Updated about a year ago