In order to assign roles to your sales team, it's important to understand how to use the fullcast.io "Assignments" Tab in the designers. For a review on how to navigate the "Assignments" Tab, click here. In this section, you'll learn how to create, edit, and remove assignments in the designers.
To create a new assignment:
- Select the node in the hierarchy at which you want to assign the person.
- Select the assignment tab and click on Add New.
- Select the Type of the assignment.
- Select the Name of the employee. You can search by typing the first 3 letters of the
- Select the Role the person will be assigned to for this particular node.
- Select the Start date and End date of the assignment.
- Review the Productivity Assumption of the assignment and adjust accordingly. For more info on productivity profiles, click here.
- Select "Confirm".
You cannot assign the same person to the same role with any overlap in the effective dates. The same person can be assigned to the same role at different times but not at the same time.
For example, you should not be able to add John to Sales Rep from January to November and then also add John to Sales Rep from February to July. These are overlaps of the same person for the same role and time frame, which is not permitted.
Types of Assignments
To understand the types of assignments used in fullcast.io, click [here]
While creating a role, you'll notice that the productivity assumption added once you select a role is automatically filled in. Productivity assumptions are used to calculate capacity (net ramped resources) and are incorporated into ramp enabled targets. They are based on the type of assignment and the way the role is defined in the Roles Designer. These productivity assumptions can be edited while creating an assignment. While creating an assignment you'll see whether the person you're assigning to that node is fully ramped or not.
Updated about a year ago