Assignment policies - Routing policy Process builder configuration
Configuring process builders for all the routing policies is mandatory. Follow the steps below to configure the process builder for the routing policies:
- Log into the Salesforce environment and select Setup
- Type Process Builder on the Quick Search bar and select it. It comes under Build/Create/Workflow & Approvals.
- Start creating the process builder for the policy by selecting the New button.
- Give a process name in the window that pops up. An API name that is unique for each policy is generated automatically after the process name is entered.
- Add a description message, if needed.
- Select an action from the drop-down menu. This will decide when to run the process.
- Now in the UI that appears select the object for which the policy was created in Motion App. Also, specify when to start the process and Save.
- Now select the add criteria option in the decision box of the process builder.
- Give a criteria name and select criteria to execute the action.
- Set conditions, when to take immediate actions. These conditions depend on Selection criteria that have been configured in the routing policy that was created in Motion App. Set the condition to take an action when the condition is met and an action when the condition is not met.
- Add an action to be executed. The Action type field should be selected as Apex. Enter an Action Name. Select Policy Handler for Apex Class.
- Set Apex Variables as follows for opportunity Routing queue
|policyType||RoutingQueuePolicy||Irrespective of Object the value will not change|
|recordId||Record Id||Eg:- Account Id, Lead Id, Case Id, Contact Id, Opportunity Id|
|inputVal1||Field Name on the Object which refers to Policy Tag|| Eg:- ‘Type’ on Account
‘Lead Source’ for Lead
|inputVal2||Field Name on Object which refers to Skills||Eg:- Language|
|inputVal3||NULL/ExecuteBMA||For package version 2.162 & above users
1. NULL - No action.
2. ExecuteBMA - helps in fetching the latest BMA record if the user had updated any fields in the Lead/Account record.
|inputVal4|| Tag Operator
|Only if we want to use the Tag Operator feature we need to provide a value or else we will have Default Tag Functionality|
|inputVal5|| Mode of Execution
(i) ASynchronous - ASync
(ii) Synchronous - Sync
| How the policy should be executed in Synchronous or ASynchronous mode.
By Default, it is Synchronous Execution
The input values that are given above are just examples. The inputVal1 and inputVal2 depend upon your requirement and choice.
Know how to