Set Default Target Values
Setting a default target value overwrites any distribution made at the parent level. The default target value that you set becomes the new bottom-up adjustment for that target on that particular node in the hierarchy. Setting default value is a part of the rolling-up operation.
Steps to set the Default Value:
- Select the Use default target box, fill in the default value for the target - this can be any static value.
- You can opt to customize the Schedule and Distribution as well.
- Once done, select Next.
- Select a month from when do you want to apply the changes.
- Acknowledge the warning and type in OVERWRITE in the text box. Select Confirm to complete the action.
How to check the changes in the target after setting the default target
- Go to the parent node in the hierarchy.
- Pick View Details from the drop-down after selecting the three vertical dots on the right-most corner of the target.
- On the Tops Down vs. Bottoms Up tab, Select the + button to view the bottom-up changes.