Building reports using charts
Fullcast offers different chart types to create reports and analyze sales data. Before creating a report, it is necessary to understand some basic concepts around building reports in fullcast.io.
- Raw Entities - Data imported from various lines of business applications or transaction (OLTP) systems, such as a CRM, financial, or point of sale system. This data is imported into the design application to use for planning.
- Go To Market Entities - Data created within the Design module, such as a territory, team, product group, role, or partner channel.
Dimensions and Measures
Measures: Numeric, quantitative values that you can measure, aggregate (sum, average, etc.), and use in mathematical functions. Measures appear on your y-axis. An example would be a sales revenue column for which you can find the sum.
Steps to plot a chart
- In the territory design, select customer segments.
- On the top right corner, select the first icon that says Chart View.
- A new window rolls out, which has the display of nine different types of charts available in the app.
- Select the chart of your choice and plot accordingly.
- Enter an appropriate Title for the chart.
- Add the necessary dimensions and measures to the chart by dragging and dropping from the available entities. You can also search for dimensions and measures using the search box.
- Complete configuring the chart data by adding any timeline fields, filters, or limits.
- Select Plot.
Configuring Your Chart data
This field is configured when you are onboarded as a customer - reach out to your business partner for more information.
3. Fill in a value.
Limits restrict the number of dimensions plotted in the graph. For example, if you're sorting by Territory name and only want to plot five territories, you can set the limit value as 5.
Customizing Your Measures
Configure the following attributes on your measures:
Aggregate the measure for each group - choose between sum, avg, count (distinct count for dimensions), min, and max.
Choose the chart type from the following options - bar, line, area, and stack.
Customize the graph color for each measure using the fullcast.io color palette.