How to create teams using Bucket Values?
The rules engine allows specific Buckets to create the child territories. Rules specify the criteria for the records going into each bucket.
Points to remember
- A rules-based hierarchy cannot be created at the All companies level. It can be created at the parent node which has no child node.
- The list of fields available for creating teams is configurable. Not all fields are suitable for the creation of hierarchies, and administrators are able to restrict the fields made available.
- Data Quality can affect the availability of certain fields - if the quality of the data in the field is bad, then the hierarchy creation process will yield unpredictable results.
Selecting fields in Hierarchy level
Its important to select the field values which need to appear in the dropdown menu of the hierarchy. Follow below steps to do that
- Select the login name in the right corner.
- Select the field settings.
- In the Field settings page, choose Accounts from the drop-down available in Use Entity to Modify existing fields.
- Click against those check boxes which are required in the Hierarchy level column and save.
- After 20 minutes, those selected field values will be displayed in the Hierarchy level.
Creating Territories using Bucket Values
- In the Design UI, select Team Organization in Team Design.
- In the segmentation panel, select a parent node in the hierarchy.
- Select the Hierarchy Operations Menu.
- Select Add Hierarchy.
- Under Type, select Bucket.
- Select the Field from the dropdown available, with which the child node has to be built.
- Select the treatment of account families accordingly.
- Acknowledge the warning about the number of teams that will be created.
- Click Save to create the child nodes in the hierarchy.