How to rerun rules?
When creating GTM design, there is an option of creating hierarchies using a rules-based engine, or by geography. When creating territories using the rules-based engine there is a need to re-run the rules set on the hierarchy node when there's an influx of new data or updated data.
Currently, rerunning rules at the child-node and parent-node level is supported.
- Rerun rules can be accomplished on a specific node without impacting other nodes in the hierarchy, by executing it at the child or leaf node level.
- Rerun rules can be executed at the parent node level for all children nodes under a parent to reflect updated data.
Manual Rerunning of Rules
In the Hierarchy Operations Menu, you can manually select the Rerun Rules option at a particular node to complete the action. This will apply the rules set previously and compile the new data from the unassigned node to the correct buckets or child nodes that has been set. To rerun rules manually:
- Select the hierarchy node for which rerun rules need to be executed.
- Click on the Hierarchy Operations Menu and select the Rerun Rules option.
- If rules have to be rerun for named account and named exception, then click on the one which has to be excluded. Else if there is no need for rerunning rules for Named account and Named exception then click on Both and continue to Confirm
- Notice that the new data from the Unassigned Node will now be allotted to the correct territories according to the rules you have set in place before.
If the rules are not created in the hierarchy, the Rerun Rules option will not show up in the Hierarchy Operations Menu. This will occur if there is any custom node created in the hierarchy.
Automatic Re-running of Rules
While onboarding, your business partner will help in setting up an automatic rerun schedule for the GTM hierarchy. For example, if there is need to run the account hierarchy rules every time data is updated into the system, we can set up an automatic rerunning of the rules schedule in place.